Automatic Password Reset with UCCE and IVR scripts

Unanswered Question
Aug 15th, 2012

hi  I have a situation, need to have an idea ,,how to proceed !

i have to create a call flow and scripts to go for automatic password reset , here is the scenerio :

1. users will call  helpdesk pilot-  after the greetings the  IVR should prompt to press 3 for passwrod reset:

2. then the ivr will prompt the user to  key in " id number and phone number".

3. this id and ph-number should be authencated by  Active Directory

4. if this correct, it should send the password thru sms to mobile

i  have ucce 7.1.5 with  ivr 4.0.1 ,with redundant setup

for step 1 : i can do it thru icms script and route it to run external script  step , which is  ivr script ,

in the ivr script iam using : get digit string step ... 

here is where i stopped ,,,what i do with this digits,,once the users key in  the  id and ph- number,,,,

how can i send this digits to AD to authenticate ...  and get the result  ,,,,

and how to terminate the icms script ,,,

pls any help

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
klambrec Tue, 08/21/2012 - 01:49

Active Directory authentication is to the best of my knowledge not a standard integration option anywhere. But with Java libraries anything is possible. This will require you to either source the necesary Java libraries from someone who already did something similar, they may exist in the Partner / Developer communities or to hire a software developer who can write the necessary packages.

Either way, this will require some code that isn't provided by Cisco out of the box. For the SMS end you'll need an SMS gateway, different integrations are possible but I'm sure there's some that allow you to send a simple email message so that that should be fairly easy.

Cheers,

Kris

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 15, 2012 at 4:51 AM
Stats:
Replies:1 Avg. Rating:
Views:812 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard