As per the title, I just require 3 to 4 VLANS with inter-VLAN communication enabled.
In the past I have used this router with each port of the internal switch set to a different VLAN, with each in turn hooked up to an unmanaged switch. This has work fine for me but I want to dip my toe in the world of .1q VLANS and gain some added flexibility and neatness.
On the SRP, navigate;
- Interface Setup > LAN > VLAN Setting
- Create the VLAN with the attribute as desired
- Further down are 2 sections, available VLAN and Added interface, add the interfaces to the port
On the SX200 switch you will need to assign a port as a native vlan untagged and all additional VLAN tagged.
- Log the SX200 and navigate VLAN management
- Create the desired VLAN
- Navigate to Port VLAN membership, edit the proposed port connecting to the SRP, use the slide arrow to add the VLAN to the port as tagged members
*Ensure the ports connecting are trunk port to allowed multiple VLAN to be carried on the link. An access port permits only 1 VLAN membership.
Hi Andrew! You got me before I can submit
Message was edited by: Thomas Watts
Yes, this will be fine for the SRP500. Just add the port to the VLANs you wish to trunk and the port will automatically be configured as a .1q trunk.
[edit: You can also set the native VLAN for the port on the port configuration page.]