Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Processor 8100 Upgrade Issue

palmerstown
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm attempting a firmware upgrade on a Media Processor 8100 (from 6.2.1 to 6.2.4). Unfortunately it seems to have failed. When I try to access the web gui (https://x.x.x.x/encadmin) it brings me straight into the recovery page, with a message "InletEncoder is not accessible. Restart Encoding Service 1." and the only thing I can do on this page is press the Reboot button. Several reboots have not improved the situation.

I can also RDP to the Windows desktop on the 8100. Anybody know if there's a way to recover this box? Can I copy the InletSpinnakerUpdate.exe directly to the desktop and run it locally?

Thanks.

ES

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rodneysm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Eanna,

The upgrade didn't complete successfully, there is a swupdate file in the

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\encadmin\updates directory that you can view with notepad. If you go to the end of that file and look for a log closed statement this will help confirm the upgrade. If you run it from the remote desktop this file will not generate. Please attempt to run the upgrade again from the remote desktop web gui first before running the .exe from the desktop to generate this log..

Thanks,

Rodney

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Peter Gillens
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Eanna,

Yes, you can copy the InletSpinnakerUpdate.exe to the Media Processors desktop and attempt to run the upgrade from there.

Just ensure the that exe is not zipped up in a folder when you run it from the desktop.

If that does not resolve the issue, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Peter Gillens

Cisco Systems

gillenp@cisco.com

rodneysm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Eanna,

The upgrade didn't complete successfully, there is a swupdate file in the

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\encadmin\updates directory that you can view with notepad. If you go to the end of that file and look for a log closed statement this will help confirm the upgrade. If you run it from the remote desktop this file will not generate. Please attempt to run the upgrade again from the remote desktop web gui first before running the .exe from the desktop to generate this log..

Thanks,

Rodney

Rodney, Peter,

I was unable to access the upgrade page on the web gui so my only option was to run

InletSpinnakerUpdate.exe from the RDP desktop. I used the /log option to make it save a log. It worked OK, and the unit is now functional again.

I can send you guys on the 2 logs (failed & successful) if they would be useful for analysis?

Thanks

Eanna