Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Monitoring Service not running

Unanswered Question
Aug 16th, 2012
User Badges:

Hi there,

I don't know if this a feature or works as designed or a bug, but when connecting to my Onplus directly, the status page says: "Monitoring - not running" (sorry, its a german device and I don't have the translation available. Startpage - last entry "Überwachung: Wird nicht ausgeführt"

When I try to connect to a server I find the event:

Process ended unexpected - monitor not running.

Any idea what I can do? Restarting does not change anything.

kind regards

eckhard

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aqkazi Fri, 08/17/2012 - 08:21
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hi Eckhard,

I was taking a look through your sites and it seems you have 2 On100s at the same site as both have the same WAN IP. Could you help me understand as to why you have it configured like this? This could be the cause of the monitoring issue.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

Eckhard Eilers Fri, 08/17/2012 - 09:40
User Badges:

Hi Onplus Team,

thanks for your quick support. Yes, there are two agents. the second one (*AGENT2) was installed to find out if the problem with the first agent were due to local network problems, firewall limitations and so on. this is not the case. The second agent is working as expected (monitor service is running), the first one is not.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, and again, thanks for your support

eckhard

aqkazi Fri, 08/17/2012 - 09:46
User Badges:

Thanks Eckhard.

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the 'monitoring' message that appears? I want to be sure I'm understanding where this message comes up correctly.

Also, does this appear on the 1st or 2nd On100 at this site?

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

aqkazi Fri, 08/17/2012 - 12:49
User Badges:

Hi Eckhard,

I would like to pull support logs from this On100, I just need your authorization before pulling them. Please let me know if you approve.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

aqkazi Fri, 08/17/2012 - 13:07
User Badges:

Thanks Eckhard. I've collected the logs and sent them to our Engineering team for review.

Thanks again,

The OnPlus Team

Eckhard Eilers Mon, 08/20/2012 - 07:59
User Badges:

hi there OnPlus team,

we resetted the onplus box today to factory defaults and now the service is running.

sorry, if I intercept your research, but it was important that the box is up again.

so, thanks for you help, I hope the logs will give some insights.

best regards

eckhard

Michael Holloway Mon, 08/20/2012 - 08:34
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Eckhard,

Aqib retrieved your ON100 support log files and we're trying to recreate the issue on our now end. Thanks for providing access to them, they should help us to get to the bottom of the issue and hopefully prevent it from occurring in the future. I'm happy to hear that a factory-reset got you working again.

-mike

Actions

This Discussion