Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

cisco WLC 2504 with 3750-x switch

Answered Question
Aug 16th, 2012
User Badges:

Hai,

Please anyone let me know my issue.

I coneected my 2504 wlc with my 3750-x switch using port-channel. Later i came to know that LAG mode is not supported in 2500 series , so i removed port-channel from my core switch and connected all the 4 port in WLC to core without any port-channel. Is that recommenede??

one more thing is , from WLC i can ping tha management interface on my core. but i cannot ping the default-gateway of my dynamically created interface on my WLC to core(core is the defauly gateway for all). Please suggest.

Correct Answer by George Stefanick about 5 years 2 days ago

No, not like that ..

First the 2500 doesnt do LAG. But what you can do is assign a per port. Go into the controller, tap on the management interface. You should see a port number. You can then direct where the management traffic should transverse .

If you say put managment on 1 and then you put all your WLANS on port2, you would want to TAG on port 2 and TRUNK up to it. So your wlc will drop traffic on the wired appropiately.

Does this help ?

Correct Answer by George Stefanick about 5 years 2 days ago

Well you can connect more ports, just not with LAG or Channel

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
mohamed fayz Thu, 08/16/2012 - 09:46
User Badges:

Hai,

Please anyone let me know my issue.

I coneected my 2504 wlc with my 3750-x switch using port-channel. Later i came to know that LAG mode is not supported in 2500 series , so i removed port-channel from my core switch and connected all the 4 port in WLC to core without any port-channel. Is that recommenede??

one more thing is , from WLC i can ping tha management interface on my core. but i cannot ping the default-gateway of my dynamically created interface on my WLC to core(core is the defauly gateway for all). Please suggest.

Stephen Rodriguez Thu, 08/16/2012 - 09:49
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

No, the 2504 is currently designed to have only one port connected to your LAN

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

mohamed fayz Thu, 08/16/2012 - 09:52
User Badges:

Hai Stephen,

Thank u For your reply

That means i cannot connect the remaining ports in cisco 2504?? I can see 2 non PoE and 2 PoE ports in WLC 2504.

Then Why it is having 4 ports??

Correct Answer
George Stefanick Thu, 08/16/2012 - 09:53
User Badges:
  • Community Spotlight Award,

Best Publication, October 2015

Well you can connect more ports, just not with LAG or Channel

mohamed fayz Thu, 08/16/2012 - 09:55
User Badges:

So that means, Spanning tree will run and one ports will be active  at present rit??

Also, i can ping management interface default gateway from WLC to Core, but not from newly added  WLAN interfaces.

Is there any reason for that???

Correct Answer
George Stefanick Thu, 08/16/2012 - 10:00
User Badges:

No, not like that ..

First the 2500 doesnt do LAG. But what you can do is assign a per port. Go into the controller, tap on the management interface. You should see a port number. You can then direct where the management traffic should transverse .

If you say put managment on 1 and then you put all your WLANS on port2, you would want to TAG on port 2 and TRUNK up to it. So your wlc will drop traffic on the wired appropiately.

Does this help ?

George Stefanick Thu, 08/16/2012 - 10:01
User Badges:

you shoud be able to ping the dynamic interface. check your routing

mohamed fayz Thu, 08/16/2012 - 10:05
User Badges:

Thank you George. Let me check this . Also, it is layer 2 connectivity between core and WLC . Default gateway is in the core itself. So, there is no mean for routing. I will check anyway. Thank you Boss

George Stefanick Thu, 08/16/2012 - 10:12
User Badges:

Humm not really sure about that one without looking at the configs.

But I can assure you the dynamic interface is pingable. if you want to manage the WLC from the dymanic interface you would need to enable that feature in CLI.

Stop back if you have any other questions.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content