Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CDA and Windows-Firewall

Hi,

I just wanted to migrate from the AD-Agent to the CDA but I'm running into some problems with the windows firewall. That's the situation:

- The AD_Agent was running fine (with Windows-Firewall on DC enabled).

- The CDA can connect to my DC when I disable the Windows-Firewall

- The CDA can not communicate to my DC when I enable the Windows-Firewall. The error is:

org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.init(JIComServer.java:576)

org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.initialise(JIComServer.java:481)

org.jinterop.dcom.core.JIComServer.(JIComServer.java:414)

com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.jinteropUtil.getWmiLocator(jinteropUtil.java:39)

com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.connectToDomainController(EventsThread.java:545)

com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.EventsThread.run(EventsThread.java:613)

exception-text
An internal error occurred. [0x8001FFFF]

server
dc-hostname

connection-type
com.cisco.cda.rt.adobserver.adobserver.CurrentEventsThread

- I use the same user-account I used for the AD_Agent. The permissions for the two registry-keys that are stated in the install-guide are set.

- The rule for "Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)" in Windows-Firewall is activated.

- The DC is running a german Windows 2008 R2. In the CDA-documentation I didn't find any hint that a localized Windows is unsupported, so I hpre that this is not the problem.

Any hints what I could be missing?

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni       

3 Replies 3

eshabat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Karsten,

Localized versions are supported, so that is probably not the issue here.

You can create a custom rule in the Windows firewall to allow udp and tcp traffic from the CDA and see if it solves your problem.

Thanks,

Erez

Hello Karsten, Erez,

I have noticed the same issue and error message. The only quick-fix was a FW-Policy allowing CDA-TCP connectivity to Windows-AD.

This is somehow strange, as I followed the latest CDA-Patch documents and did insert the WMI-Firewall-Access policy already, but this was not enough though.

To me it looks like some RPC/DCOM mapping is not opened for CDA to access the AD-Server.

regards

/michael

Hello Michael,

I also have noticed the same issue.

Your solution that create a FW rule to open all TCP ports between CDA and Windows-AD works fine.

But is there no another solution (more securely) ?

Thanks for your response

Best regards

Sam