I have just installed the secondary ISE and did the followings, but when I try to join the primary node, I received the Cannot authenticate the primary ISE, please check the server or certificate and try again.
- promote the secondary from standalone to primary
- export self cert from the seconary
- import the cert to the primary
- try to add not on the secondary used both IP and host name with super admin user
One thing I have noticed that the instruction on the ISE 1.1.1 import cert on primary section mentioned:
- Choose Administration > System > Certificates.
- From the Certificate Operations navigation pane on the left, click Certificate Authority Certificates.
but the Certificat Authority Certificates does not exist on the left pane. I choosed Certificate store instead
Did you set the secondary node to primary? You may have tried to register the node in the wrong direction. For a node to register with the primary node, the registration request must be initiated from the primary node.
*Please rate helpful posts*