cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Mail

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I get private messages from folks on the forums pretty often. But unless Im looking for it I dont realize the mail is actually in the box. Is there any flags I can set that pop up some dancing girls to catch my attention ? <Or maybe a picture of Leo? 8P >

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Just when I thought the two of you knew everything, you prove me wrong:

Account > Profile > Edit Preferences > Email Notification Preferences > Enable Private Message Email Alert > BINGO

George - Will I get an email from you about how you've stopped getting private message email notifications to later find out they are in your junk folder? 

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

I agree with George...right up to the part about a picture of Leo....that would scare the bajeebers out of me.

Mike

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Just when I thought the two of you knew everything, you prove me wrong:

Account > Profile > Edit Preferences > Email Notification Preferences > Enable Private Message Email Alert > BINGO

George - Will I get an email from you about how you've stopped getting private message email notifications to later find out they are in your junk folder? 

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Dan -- I wouldnt have it any other way!

Ive come to appreciate CSCs reliablity and will further double check the error in my ways I send you any further emails.

LOL

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hummm... Why isnt that enabled by default ?

George,

It was a decision based on privacy.  I have seen it used for spam.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Sure I blindly argee with the VIP and bazinga!!! Thanks George 

Dan you are still the man..... even though all my email to you goes in the junk folder 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, I have just been told that my 6x6 picture has been copywrited by our local pest exterminators.

All they do is plaster my picture all over a rodent-infested house and the unwelcomed guest can be seen packing. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: