Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with translation pattern and voicemail

Hi everyone,

I'm working on something for our Sexual Health Information Line.  I've setup an upfront Call Handler in Unity Connection 8.5 where when callers press 3 they get transferred to a public health nurse on DN 1725.  The problem is that it is mandated the nurses cannot see the phone number of the person calling.

As a result, I modified the Call Handler so when callers press 3 it goes to DN 1723 which then translates to 1725 and restricts the Caller ID information.  However, if the nurse does not pickup the call on 1725, the call does not go to the voicemail of 1725, it appears to want to go back to 1723 (the cfbna behaviour on 1725 is to go to voicemail).  Is there a way I can get the caller to land in 1725's voicemail?

Thank you for your time and assistance                  

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Configure 1723 as alternate extension on 1725 voicemail user.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.  I thought of that as well and tried it but it still didn't go to 1725's voicemail. I am perplexed on this one 

Can you show a screen shot of Port Monitor in RTMT or Remote Port Status Monitor available from ciscounitytools.com for when the call hits UCON? Or are you saying it does not go back to UCON at all after RNA timer?  If the second, then make sure you have proper CSS applied to call forward settings, and also what happens when you dial the 1726 directly from another phone?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your reply and help.  I ended up finding the problem being at the translation pattern.  I changed the Connected Line ID and Connection Name Presentation values from Default to Restricted. 

All I really needed was to keep the Calling Line ID and Calling Name Presentation at Restricted.

Thank you,

Vince