cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delete my Discussions

Natha340Mai340
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I want delete some my discussion what I posted how I can reach that ?

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

On the iPhone app I see that I can do that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

The only time a post can be deleted by a member is if no one else has responded to the discussion.  In order to delete a discussion that has responses you need to submit a request to supportforums-info@cisco.com.  We always discourage deleting content that has responses but understand there are times when it's necessary.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It doesn't appear to be possible. I think it would be a good thing to have.

On the iPhone app I see that I can do that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Once a question has been answered, it seems daft to delete it - especially if other people would find the answer useful.

I see discussions being deleted all the time - we get email notifications of a post, click it, and see it's no longer there.

I personally think it's a bad thing. If you've posted something you shouldn't, it's really already out in the public domain. It's probably in google cache for the next 50 years, and it's in my mailbox so I'm sure it's in others. As Ian pointed out, it's a bad thing to be able to delete an answered question, or even one that you have resolved yourself whatever the resolution is to your problem - even if you realised you made a silly mistake that led to your post, it's valuable for others to be able to see the outcome.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

The only time a post can be deleted by a member is if no one else has responded to the discussion.  In order to delete a discussion that has responses you need to submit a request to supportforums-info@cisco.com.  We always discourage deleting content that has responses but understand there are times when it's necessary.

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

That seems a sensible policy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links