OnPlus Connection Status

Unanswered Question
Aug 20th, 2012

Hello,

I have requested the following numerous times and have been told it's in the works but that has been for a long time now.  I am a very heavy user of the OnPlus devices.  I have also been one of its biggest proponents.  However, I am starting to slowly lose my mind because I CONSTANTLY receive OnPlus Connection Status warnings read out to me in my email.  Unfortunately I have to hear my emails come in all the time because of the nature of my work.  Seeing as I'm the primary account holder of our OnPlus devices I receive ALL of the connection status warnings of ALL of our sites.  Since the majority of our sites are in South Florida and South Florida is known for internet connectivity issues and power fluctuations I am bombarded by connection status messages all of the time to the point my wife will probably divorce me soon.  I cannot continue like this.  Either there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the warnings, such as throttling the amount of downtime required before sending out a message, or I will be forced to stop using OnPlus for good.  Right now there is NO WAY to do this and on top of that the default is to send you ALL of the messages from ALL sites automatically and there is no way to pick and choose which ones you want the "Connection Status" messages unless you suspend an account.  Unfortunately I have 3 sites that constantly go down due to their poor ISP and I've had to suspend them because otherwise I receive multiple messages from each within an hour.

I have been told this was actually a feature in the first instance of OnPlus but it was too advanced for people to use.  Please bring it back because I love the product and would love to continue using it.  Thank you.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
aqkazi Tue, 08/21/2012 - 07:23

Hi Lokibjensen,

My apologies for all the frustration you are experiencing regarding the site down notifications. Since we first discussed your concern, I've been pushing to implement this. We've had some discussions on how best to implement this and how we can have it added into a development lifecycle, as it is an intensive update.

Again, I completely understand how frustrating it must be on your end to be pummeled with these notifications on a daily basis and having to verify each individually.

This post has sparked additional discussions and I will get back to you with a resolution plan as soon as I have more information. We are working to resolve your concerns as quickly as we can.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

lokibjensen Tue, 08/21/2012 - 07:26

Thank you very much.  I hope you all understand that my message was in no way meant to be a threat or an insult.  I have the utmost respect for this product.  Unfortunately if it continues this way it will just be impossible for me to continue using it.  Thanks again and I sincerely hope there is some kind of resolution soon.

aqkazi Tue, 08/21/2012 - 09:24

We completely understand, no worries. Our goal is to ease your pain points for managing your customers.

Question for you:

On average how often do you see the notifications? I know this is difficult to charecterize, but how many roughly do you see in a 30 minute period from the the same site?

We would to understand the frequency with which you get these notifications.

Thanks,

The OnPlus Team

lokibjensen Tue, 08/21/2012 - 09:30

It depends on the site.  I've attached a photo of a typical day.  These are the OnPlus emails that came in between 8:00am and 10:00am of the same day.  Mind you, this is only two sites (well there's a third that shows up as well).

Hope this helps.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 20, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:
Views:243 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: status, onplus
+

Related Content