Hello ladies and gentlemen,
- I am using several SG300-28 Switches with firmware version 188.8.131.52.
- I have dynamic VLAN enabled. As RADIUS server I am using freeradius 2.1.12.
- Authentication is only based on the MAC address. (I configured that on the switches)
- On the switches I created three VLANs. VLAN100 for the authenticated clients, VLAN200 for Management interface and VLAN300 as Guest VLAN. After a wrong authentication the clients should be put into this Guest VLAN immediately (I configured this on the switches).
- I am using Windows XP and Windows 7 clients in my network. I did not configure any EAP settings because I just wnat to use the MAC address.
In most cases the dynamic VLAN assignment and authentication is working fine. The switch log says that the client is authenticated and the same I can see on freeradius log. But in some (rare) cases the client is rejected. The CISCO log says "MAC aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff was rejected on port ge17" but when I look at the freeradius log then this MAC address was successfully authorized.
The problem is that the client gets an IP address based on the Guest VLAN300 but after that the switch seems to "switch" the VLAN on the port and then the client is authenticated correctly on the right VLAN but the client does not request a new IP on the new VLAN.
If I unplug and re-plug the LAN cable in most cases the client get the correct VLAN and the correct IP.
This is happening randomly on nearly all my PCs.
I would really appreciate your help. Do I have to set some timers higher ? I don't think it is a problem between switch and RADIUS but a problem between communication of the host and the switch.
Thank you very much for your help!