Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Phone Licenses

Hello Friends,

I need add new phones 7962, 7911 and 7915 module. I´m working with CUCM version: 6.1.4.1190-3. Do i need to buy new licenses and load them into CUCM?.

What should i do?   I need help please!!

Claudio

CCNA

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have 76 DLUs remaining which will allow you to add 19 or so phones depending on type. If you need more than that you should purchase additional licenses.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris....!!!

Chris,

Are the licences DLU Standard?

Can i use them for any type phone?

Calculating License Units

Use the following procedure to calculate the number of phone licenses that are required when the number of phone types and the total number of phones per phone type are entered.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > Licensing> License Unit Calculator.

The License Unit Calculator window displays. The number of license units that are consumed per device displays, corresponding to the node or device.

Step 2 In the Number of Devices column, update the number of needed devices, corresponding to each node or phone.

Step 3 Click Calculate.

The total number of Cisco Unified Communications Manager node license units and phone license units displays.

Correct in CUCM 6.1 everything was DLU driven and no distinction between was done between different levels. Simply use the built in calculator to come up with number of DLUs you need. You may not be able to purchase more DLUs as those are I belive EOS so the reseller (use Cisco partner) can convert those into UCL or CUWL licenses for you.

Also, consider upgrading as 6.1 has been EOS for some time, and will soon be no longer supported (September 30, 2013):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/end_of_life_notice_c51-589088.html

HTH,

Chris

Thank you very much Chris and mdfull2....

Regards,

Claudio from Chile

SMK91
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Can we purchase new Basic or Enhanced licenses for CUCM 11.5 ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: