cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a skill to a CSQ after a 30 second delay

doylepaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am quite new to the art of writing scripts so appologies in advance for any daft statememts ;-)

I have a CSQ (CSQ) and several skills: Skill_1 (Basic skills), Skill_2 (Advanced skills), Skill_3 (Management).

Customer rings and gets through to CSQ which has Skill_1 assigned to it. After 30 seconds all Skill_1 resources are still busy, so I need somehow to make Skill_2 available so a resource assigned to Skill_2 can answer the call. If all Skill_2 and Skill_1 resources are busy for the next 15 seconds then I need to add in Skill_3 to try and answer the call within one minute (SLA).

At each stage I would require the lesser skill to be checked for availability first.

Currently after 30 seconds in CSQ I route the call to CSQ_2, then if no resources are available for another 15 seconds I route the call through to CSQ_3.

CSQ has Skill_1 with a value of 10

CSQ_2 has Skill_1 with a value of 10, and Skill_2 with a value of 9.

CSQ_3 has Skill_1 with a value of 10, and Skill_2 with a value of 9, and Skill_3 with a value of 8.

This works great but I need to replicate this sceanrio for about 15 different scripts which would mean that there would be 45 scripts in total :-(

Any advice or suggestions will be greatly received.

Many thank in advance ...

Paul ....

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I see, well if there are 3 CSQs per department becuase after x number of seconds the queue is being expedited, in my opinion this sounds like a poor design and utilization of CSQs. How about defining one CSQ per department and using "most skilled" algorithm and then assigning the agents to proper competency levels. For example call arrives to Finance which is defined to use skill finance, you have 5 agents assigned to this skill at competency 10, 5 agents at 5, 5 agents at 1, this way you start with agents you want to use for this call and so on, it does not build the delay between expediting the calls to "next" level, but I find that call centers typically want that because they want to over complicate the call center which in my opinion does not provide much value here.

If this is not an option then I don't see any native way of accomplishing what you need without as you say developing some kind of custom way of updating skills, etc which I would not know how to do :-(

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Paul,

If the logic is identical in the new script simply use string variables for the CSQ names and fill them out appropriately, for example if different CSQs need to be selected based on caller IVR input perform SET step to assign the correct value. If there is separate application pointing to each script you can still use the same script and make the variables "parameter" and overwrite at application level.

HTH, rate all usefyl posts!

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply, I am not sure I totally understand what you mean, I do use String variables for the next CSQ etc.

The problem I have, which I don't think I illustrated clearly in my initial post is that using my method I essentially have three CSQ's for each service. For instance Finance would have three CSQ (one for pre 30 seconds, one for 30-45 secs and one for 45-60 secs), then I would also have three CSQ's for HR so on and so forth, so I would three CSQ's for each service. I have 9 (to go to 12 later this year) services which I need change to my new method, this would equate to 27 viewable CSQ's on the Supervisor desktop.

The Call Center mangement need to look at all three CSQ's per service to assertain whether they need get more agents to login etc, so having 27 CSQ's is not acceptable.

If I could somehow write a script so that after 30 seconds a second skill is added then all the extra agents assigned to that skill would be able to take the call, and also there would be just one CSQ in the Supervisor desktop per service, making it easier for management to see calls in the queue, abandoned calls etc.

I hope I have explained myself more clearly here :-)

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards

Paul ...

I see, well if there are 3 CSQs per department becuase after x number of seconds the queue is being expedited, in my opinion this sounds like a poor design and utilization of CSQs. How about defining one CSQ per department and using "most skilled" algorithm and then assigning the agents to proper competency levels. For example call arrives to Finance which is defined to use skill finance, you have 5 agents assigned to this skill at competency 10, 5 agents at 5, 5 agents at 1, this way you start with agents you want to use for this call and so on, it does not build the delay between expediting the calls to "next" level, but I find that call centers typically want that because they want to over complicate the call center which in my opinion does not provide much value here.

If this is not an option then I don't see any native way of accomplishing what you need without as you say developing some kind of custom way of updating skills, etc which I would not know how to do :-(

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. You are bang on the money with your response. Fortunatly (for me) the Call Centre have agreed to go with one queue per service with appropriatly skilled agents.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Regards

Paul ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: