cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stream from VLC to DMP4400g

sam.lander
Level 1
Level 1

I have been reading about RTP, multicast and RTSP and interleaved RTSP.

I am not 100% sure that my DMP4400g is  able to receive and play a VLC live stream, but I am sure it should be, with the right amount of effort from me.

Arrangement stream server running VLC, same LAN, four DMP4400g units.

Does anyone have a vlc command-line that Just Works?

(have never used and know nothing about show-and-share. Should I go there?)

Sam

2 Replies 2

Greg Overland
Level 4
Level 4

This works

vlc -vvv "c:\video\video.mp4" --sout "#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=2200,scale=1,acodec=mpga,ab=96,channels=2,samplerate=48000}:rtp{dst=CISCO.DMP.IP.ADDRESS,port=5004,mux=ts,ttl=5}" --sout-keep

Greg,

Thanks very much for your reply. I am trying it now, but I am having no success. The DMP remains resolutely black.

Your command produces a unicast rtp stream direct to the DMP. I am trying to catch it with rtp://

, rtp://
. Both fail. The DMP UI pushes me towards multicast, which I don't really understand.

I thought next that I'd try multicast from/to 224.0.0.1. That is no good either. Then to a subnet broadcast address. Still black. Wireshark on an independent port confirms broadcast and multicast are reaching the wire.

I have ssh connected-up Which is the catcher/player process on the DMP? Is it possible for me to see its debugging messages?

Thanks again very much for your help.

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: