Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF & BGP with slowness issue

Alex Pham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I encountered a strange issue with routing and need your help.

You can refer to my topology for the description below:

- There are physical links between P1&P2 and D1&D2 only. There are two GRE logical tunnel between P1&D2 and P2&D1.

- There is a mesh iBGP among all routers.

- There is OSPF routing as internal routing protocol between routers

- There are two eBGP WAN links, only one used at a time.

The slowness issue happens when primary WAN link is shut down. User from outside accesses the web server via secondary WAN link and the response is very slow (30-40s to load a full page).

If I remove either P1 or D2 from OSPF routing (remove network command, no network 192.168.10(20).0 0.0.0.255 area 0), the response time for the web page becomes very fast (3-4s to load a full page).

I'm not sure what's wrong with the routing. Do you think what may cause an issue?

Thank you.

Alex

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you do a trace route from 172.30.50.x to 192.168.10.30 (Web Server) when the primary WAN link is down?

Hi Reza,

The trace result is hitting to the D1 router and then via the tunnel to P2 router.

Thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex,

How about trace from the Web server? Does it go to P2, D1 and out to the secondary WAN connection?

Reza

Hi Reza,

Yes, it is. If not, user will not able to load the web page in the first place. I'm not sure if this model and IOS issue or not. With the same configuration, the old set routers 7206XR didn't have any problem. After upgrading to Cisco ASR1002, the issue happened.

Thanks.

Alex

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card