Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5508 Software 7.2.103.0 to 6.0.199.4 is possible to degrade

Hi i got my first WLC 5508 with software 6.0.199.4 and i deployed in site and the branches i have started registring AP's HREAP mode.

And its working fine .

The second WLC came with software 7.2.103.0 so i doubt if i connect this WLC IN one of the site so it will be a issue .

So whats the best practice. is it possible to Downgrade the second WLC to 6.0 version

Breeze Joseph Kuriakose Sr Network Engineer
3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Downgrade the second WLC to 6.0 version

Yes you can but WHY?

You're question is slightly "incorrect".  7.2.X has slightly more features so do consider the option to upgrade the first WLC from 6.0.X to 7.2.103.0 or even 7.2.110.0 instead.

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You better upgrade both WLCs to the latest version. Besides the bug fixes that you get, there are many new features in 7.0 than 6.0. also, 7.2 is having more features than 7.0.

If you want anyway to downgrade, that is possible. But you may lose your configuratoin. so you need to take the precautions and get a backup before the downgrade.

HTH

Amjad

You want to say "Thank you"? Don't. Just rate the useful answers, that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

fbarboza
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

As explained above the code 7.2.103.0 has more features than the 6.0.199.4 also on code 6.0.199.4 that is software problem that the wireless clients are not able to get an IP address from the DHCP server if the DHCP server is the WLC.

If you downgrade the code of the WLC from 7.2.103.0 to 6.0.199.4 the configuration may get lost so as advices make sure to make a back up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: