cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line polarity important for FXO ports

gregbroiles
Level 1
Level 1

I spent several hours trying to get the FXO ports working on my UC320W without success until, in a moment of desperation, I reversed the polarity on the phone line I was using for testing and suddenly everything's working nicely. I've gotten spoiled with other equipment that automatically adjusts to reversed polarity - apparently that's not true for the UC320 or the 8800 units.

Just thought maybe I'd save someone else some aggravation, as I saw no mention of this as a troubleshooting step in the various materials available.

2 Replies 2

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your comments.   Couple of additional questions.

Are you located in North America?   What type of issues were you having when the polarity was reversed?  i.e Call ID or FXO ports not answering, not able to make outbound call... etc..Your feedback is appreciated.   I'm checking with our  hardware engineers on the issue you raised.  I'm also confirming that FCC Part 68 complaince tests for fxo reverse polarity conditions. If your available I'd like to reach out to you after I receive feedback from our hardware team.

Regards,

Randy

Greg,

Can you reach out to me at rbordner@cisco.com  I have some feedback from HW engineer.

Thanks,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: