cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about code version for ASA 5525-X

RonaldNutter
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who will be taking possession of a 5525-X in late October (they will be ordering it around the end of september).  Can it run 8.2.5 ?  I have been looking for what minimum version of code that it will support and havent been able to find anything.  Unfortunately, I wont be able to get it shipped to me first to work with before having to install it.  I havent been able to arrange to get access to one before hand.

I have been continually advised by TAC to stay away from the 8.3 train and only go to 8.4 if there was a feature that I needed that didnt exist in the version of code that I have been using.  8.2.5 has been bullet proof for me and I havent had any reason to move forward to work with the 8.4 train.  The re-writing of the NAT rules is one thing that I have heard a lot of problems with.

Thanks,

Ron

2 Replies 2

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Ronald,

For ASA 5525-X, there is a different software train, which is 8.6.x, you might want to go through the release notes for it. It is same as the 8.4 although with a few differences, and for a  different platform, you can go through the relaese notes for it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/release/notes/asarn86.html#wp70814

Hope thats wat you were looking for.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

And don't be afraid of the NAT in the 8.6-release that the 5525-X will run. After a short learning-phase you will love the new NAT-style and soon migrate all your other ASAs to 8.4.x.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: