cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help. No dial tone on my cisco 7960.

NAXTICSCAB
Level 1
Level 1

I manage to get it to register with broadvoice ( I see the logo on the phone) but no dial tone. It says: Phone unprovisioned on the screen. Can someone help me please!!

8 Replies 8

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reginald,

Did you convert the 7960 to SIP Protocol?  By default the 7960 phone has SCCP protocol configured.  If you have a broadvoice application the SPA 30x or 5xx series  phones might be a better fit for you.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Yes i did and i can see the SIP logo on the right side of the LCD.

I believe you need to load a sip profile via tftp server.  I need to defer to other community members for examples.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Ok, i load the sip profile and i now have a dial tone. But i can not make a call or get a call. When i called the number it went to voicemail. What am i doing wrong? Please help!!!

What dial plan did you upload into the phone, does it match what number you trying to dial?

Does the phone generate a SIP invite message to the Proxy Server and what is the reply message?

Randy

Ok Randy, am very new to this. Where do i input the dial plan? The proxy address, i have two options:

outbound_proxy_server: proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com

registrar_server: sip.broadvoice.com

Which one do i input as the proxy address?

The status messages are E101 MISC Error: Config Error unable to boot

W350 unprovisioned proxy backup

W351 unprovisioned proxy emergency

Reginald,

I would recommend reaching out to Broadvoice for a 7960 configuration example on what settings are required and support for their SIP service. 

Randy