cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help. No dial tone on my cisco 7960.

NAXTICSCAB
Level 1
Level 1

I manage to get it to register with broadvoice ( I see the logo on the phone) but no dial tone. It says: Phone unprovisioned on the screen. Can someone help me please!!

8 Replies 8

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reginald,

Did you convert the 7960 to SIP Protocol?  By default the 7960 phone has SCCP protocol configured.  If you have a broadvoice application the SPA 30x or 5xx series  phones might be a better fit for you.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Yes i did and i can see the SIP logo on the right side of the LCD.

I believe you need to load a sip profile via tftp server.  I need to defer to other community members for examples.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Ok, i load the sip profile and i now have a dial tone. But i can not make a call or get a call. When i called the number it went to voicemail. What am i doing wrong? Please help!!!

What dial plan did you upload into the phone, does it match what number you trying to dial?

Does the phone generate a SIP invite message to the Proxy Server and what is the reply message?

Randy

Ok Randy, am very new to this. Where do i input the dial plan? The proxy address, i have two options:

outbound_proxy_server: proxy-nyc.broadvoice.com

registrar_server: sip.broadvoice.com

Which one do i input as the proxy address?

The status messages are E101 MISC Error: Config Error unable to boot

W350 unprovisioned proxy backup

W351 unprovisioned proxy emergency

Reginald,

I would recommend reaching out to Broadvoice for a 7960 configuration example on what settings are required and support for their SIP service. 

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: