Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 8.5- execute jave method.

I have upgraded a IPIVR from 3.5(3) to 8.5. In the previous versions i have noticed that there are Execute Java Method steps are available but in 8.5 they are missing. how can we use the same script in the new installation?

when i try to load the script in 8.5 editor i am getting java error.

nested exception is java.lang.classnotfoundexception:application

Regards,

Sandeep

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

yes, based on the version number you see, the custom class was compiled with JDK 7 (hence class format version 51.0), but I am sure UCCX 8.5 does not have JDK 7 yet.

You can find out the version of the JDK in UCCX easily, using the following method:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24150#javaversion

I am afraid you'll have to recompile your custom classes with JDK 6.

Good luck.

G.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

if it's a ClassNotFoundException, it usually means your script references a class that is not accessible. For instance, there might have been a custom class in your 3.x installation and it was not copied over to the 8.5 installation. Take a look at the appadmin web page for the custom classes.

Starting IPCC Express 4.x you don't have to use the Execute Java Method step, as Java code may be inserted in almost all steps. Backward compatibility, however, is maintained for the Execute Java Method step (as far as I know, at least it does work in an IP IVR 8.0x - our customer has one of those legacy scripts).

G.

Hi Gergely,

thanks for the reply.

Yes, we have got some old custom java classes. i have copied them to the default\classpath folder but still i am unable to open the script in the new script editor and it gives the same error.

if it is not there anymore what is the workaround for this?

Regards,

Sandeep

Hi,

make sure you restarted the CCX engine - or, rather, do a full reboot of the system after you uploaded the custom java classes.

Also, make sure the custom java classes are enabled (uploading them won't activate them).

G.

Hi,

i have restarted the server and now i have a different error some progress atleast.

now the error is.

java.lang.unsupportedClassVersionError: Application : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0.

i think this is because of the old version of Java in the last CRS.

Regards,

Sandeep

Hi,

yes, based on the version number you see, the custom class was compiled with JDK 7 (hence class format version 51.0), but I am sure UCCX 8.5 does not have JDK 7 yet.

You can find out the version of the JDK in UCCX easily, using the following method:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24150#javaversion

I am afraid you'll have to recompile your custom classes with JDK 6.

Good luck.

G.

Thanks,

it worked after recompling the script with JDK 6 and restarting the servers.

thanks for sharing the amazing documents

Regards,

Sandeep

Hi Gergely,

I am trying to replace the execute JAVA steps with the new expression editor. I need help in understanding how it works in the new script editor. attached are the steps that i need to replace. once i understand this i can change others.

Hi,

first, let me ask this: what are you trying to acheive? Is it quite possible you won't need to use any Java code at all.

For instance, the first two screenshots are about getting a string variable's length - it can be easily done, without using custom Java classes.

G.

I have the same JAVA custom scrip that i have recomplied and used in the new system. now i have sorted out all the errors which it shows during validation, validation goes fine but for some reasons i am not able to make it work. when i call this script directly through the ICM application and trigger it doesn't work, same with the ICM translation routingl.

i cannot do the script debug also. it just doesn't hit the script. don't know what is happening here.

Sandeep

Hi, did you try reactive debugging? What do you mean it does not hit the sript?

Did you try the usual suspects (Trigger->application->script must be established, the script and the application refreshed after you change something in the script)?

G.

The reactive debugging doesn't show anything. if i put another script in the same application then  that works fine but not this. i have refreshed the scripts and applications after every single change.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: