Views
Helpful
Replies

First Digit is stripped from incoming caller id

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a UC540 with 7965 phones installed at a client site. The connection is 3 ISDN/BRI channels with Telstra in Melbourne-Australia.

The phone system was setup as key system, but we had to reset it, because we had a dis sync between the cli and cca.

When we reset the system, we set it up as a pbx system.

When the system was setup as key system, the caller id on incoming calls was working properly.

Wehen we set it up as a pbx system, the caller id is missing the first digit.

E.G. if I call from 0404288695 the phone will show 404288695.

There must be a problem some where in the translation rules. Or somewhere with no digit strip.

Called up Telstra and they said that they send the full caller id information.

Can anyone help?

I have the same problem on another site where we have another installation. I am new with UC500 platform.

Thank You

Naum Vitanovski.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Naum,

Just to confirm for you that Telstra is not stripping away the leading Zero

If the incoming call is local to you they may at times not pass the FNN (Full National Number) I.E 03/07/02 and just pass the local 8 digits, this is not a typical scenario by them as with ISDN/PRI they prefer the FNN method.

In CCA you can manage the call-back rules, and insert the the leading zero and also the state prefix in there if you want This way calling a user back does not require manually editing the number before dialing it.

When in Key-System mode this is done automatically by the system, however when you changed to PBX mode it wouldn't have inserted these rules in for you automatically, thus you will have to define the call back rules.

Send me a Private message if you need me to call youc an guide you over the phone on how to do this... NOTE: IF this system is not managed or built using CCA it will take some time as I will need to work out the rules profiles for you as it can get a little tricky to do by hand.

I have deployed over 60 UC's connected into Telstra's network so I know you can achieve what you want easily

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Naum,

I/we can probably help you with this, but we are going to need to see your running configuration to be able to see what is going on.  Or at least your dial-peers, and the translation rules.   Just make sure whatever you post here, that you take out any private information, including passwords if needed.

Thank you,

Darren

Hello Darren,

Tahnk you for offering help.

Here are the call debug and the running config.

The number called from a mobile 0429064074 to 92302191 which is a direct dial for extension 191 will show a caller id of 429064074.

I hope you can help me.

Hello Naum,

I looked at the configuration, and I do not see any translations which would be removing the "0" on the caller-id.  Looked at the trunk group, interfaces, and the dial-peers.  Nothing is shown which would remove that digit.

There is a translation for caller ID (3265) under the translation-profile, but there is no "translation-rule 3265", so nothing is being modified.

From the debug, it looks like the number coming from the provider already has the "0" removed from the front.   I know that you said that Telstra says they are sending the full caller-id, but that is not what I am seeing in the debug.  I would confirm with them that the leading "0" is being sent.

The other option would be to add the "0" in using a translation rule, but that is just putting a band-aid on, not fixing the actual issue.

Anyone else see anything different that I am missing in the config/debug?

Thank you,

Darren

Thank you for the reply Darren.

I will confirm will Telstra that they are sending the full caller id, but its strange that when the system was configured as key system, there was no problem with the caller id. Just when we changed it into a pbx ssystem mode, the caller id problem appeared.

I read through another post https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2098654 which talks about call back rules.

I went throught the running config and rule 3265 is actually created automatically by CCA.

I will try and change the rule 3265 into this and see if it works:

voice translation-rule 3265

rule 1 /\(^..........$\)/ /00\1/

rule 2 /\(^........$\)/ /0\1/

rule 3 /\(^.........$\)/ /0\1/

rule 15 /\(^ABCD$\)/ /ABCD\1/

I will let you know how I go, after I go to site.

Thank you very much for your input.

Hi Naum,

Just to confirm for you that Telstra is not stripping away the leading Zero

If the incoming call is local to you they may at times not pass the FNN (Full National Number) I.E 03/07/02 and just pass the local 8 digits, this is not a typical scenario by them as with ISDN/PRI they prefer the FNN method.

In CCA you can manage the call-back rules, and insert the the leading zero and also the state prefix in there if you want This way calling a user back does not require manually editing the number before dialing it.

When in Key-System mode this is done automatically by the system, however when you changed to PBX mode it wouldn't have inserted these rules in for you automatically, thus you will have to define the call back rules.

Send me a Private message if you need me to call youc an guide you over the phone on how to do this... NOTE: IF this system is not managed or built using CCA it will take some time as I will need to work out the rules profiles for you as it can get a little tricky to do by hand.

I have deployed over 60 UC's connected into Telstra's network so I know you can achieve what you want easily

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thank you for your input David.

I managed to fix the issue through CCA Call back Rules.

I put a rule for 9 digit numbers (i.e. mobile numbers without the first digit) to add a 0 to the front.

This sorted the caller id problem.

I appreciate your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: