cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6K Upgrade Questions

billybjo1
Level 3
Level 3

Where a customer have a BE6K, what is the process for upgrading to full CUCM scalable over 1000 users?

I know BE6K is essentially the same product sold in a package. So are we just talking about a new server?

BE6K ships with either a C200 or C220 (new P/N) as a sized solution for 1000 users. I think both of these servers might not be suitable for scaling up to full CUCM, but not sure.

Do we just replace the server? Just license? or both?

3 Replies 3

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will be just the license mostly. To confirm if the UCS shipped with CMBE6k is supported for CUCM or not, refer http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Supported_Applications#Call_Processing_and_System_Management_Applications

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

Hi GP,

From what I can tell, the UCS models (200/220) and the variants shipped with BE6K are sized for a maximum 1000 users.

Therefore that suggests moving from BE6K to CUCM does require a server change or server upgrade.

I have trawled all the ordering guides I can find, and still can't see any reference that moving from BE6K to CUCM involves a license change for the system. Of course the additional users will require licenses, but given BE6K and CUCM seem to be the same product, are there any implications in the move to CUCM. I am assuming there must be because the ESW/UCSS are all different. Would it require a 9x3 upgrade cost or something else?

thanks.

Billy,

My best advise would be to approach Cisco Partner Helpline for this query, as they can clarify upon all Licensing related queries for such product migration project. They can be approached via www.cisco.com/go/ph or else if you have an access to Cisco Communities, please post a thread here https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration/uc?view=discussions . I see lot of partners asking similar queries there but as I am not skilled on licensing, I would not be able to help much.

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: