Can a night service code (*299) be assigned to button?

Answered Question
Sep 13th, 2012
User Badges:

Can a night service code (*299) be assigned to button?

I tried creating a Floating Extension with CFAll to *299, but CCA does not allow symbols ( * ) to be entered.

The customer would just like ot press a button on their phone (7931) to put system into Night Service.

Thank you in advance for your help and comments.

Paul              

Correct Answer by danplacek about 4 years 11 months ago

In addition to Thomas's suggestion, you can create a floating extension with cfwdall to 299, then go into cli and modify to *299. This is usually what I do -- it does not break CCA other than editting that floating extension again. If you go this route, also set the "label" for the floating extension, so when you set it as a monitor key it does not show "*** CCA FLOATING EXTENSION ***" as the button label.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Thomas Gruendler Thu, 09/13/2012 - 12:54
User Badges:

Just create a fastdial/speeddial with the code and it will show up in the first available button.

Correct Answer
danplacek Fri, 09/14/2012 - 07:21
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

In addition to Thomas's suggestion, you can create a floating extension with cfwdall to 299, then go into cli and modify to *299. This is usually what I do -- it does not break CCA other than editting that floating extension again. If you go this route, also set the "label" for the floating extension, so when you set it as a monitor key it does not show "*** CCA FLOATING EXTENSION ***" as the button label.