Cisco WVC210 camera

Unanswered Question
Sep 15th, 2012

My Cisco WVC210 camera suddenly stopped schedule recording and displayed message 'Failed to create back buffer surface'  Please help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
emoyers Fri, 10/05/2012 - 11:22

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Did anything happen with the network before this started happening? Is this the only camera that you have? If nothing unusal has happened, at this point I would try saving the configuration for the unit. (if very little more than basic, I would just remember it.) Factory reset the unit and then reconfigure.

If that does not help, then I would call into the support center and let one of the answering agents to some further troubleshooting.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

*Please rate Post so other will know when answer have been found.

mickn_2000 Sun, 10/21/2012 - 06:39

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your response.  Fortunately after a few weeks, the error message has disappeared.  Now the camera could record properly for the last 2 weeks and I could open the videos with 'Playback' and saved as ASF file.  But today there are 2 recordings but when I saved, the message 'Failed to encode video frame' occurred after about 10 seconds of exporting ASF file.

If you could please help.

Yes there is only 1 camera and I used this to record events every week at the community in Australia.

I was planning to install a few more since the camera has good videos and good sound and quite stable until some weeks ago.  Please advise which models are suitable for this purpose.

Thanks,

Mick.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted September 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:
Views:3387 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content