cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX200/300 - WAN QoS Requirements?

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

Is anyone running the MX200/300 units in their environment? If so what WAN QoS requirements have you put around them? I am struggling with deciding to either add these into our LLQ along with voice or give them their own CBWFQ. I am also struggling with finding specific bandwidth requirements for these units. The telepresence SRNDs for Branch QoS are referencing the CTS series so I don't know if what they are recommending is still applicable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/tpqosbranch.html#wp1071587

My thought is I would rather put this traffic into it's own CBWFQ with the appropriate bandwidth dedicated to it so I don't impact our voice environment. It also seems like it is recommended to add "queue-limit 128" under the class per the earlier mentioned telepresence SRND guide.

I would also be interested to hear in general if anyone has used CBWFQ rather than LLQ for their telepresence WAN deployments... any good/bad/indifferent experiences???

1 Reply 1

Michael Boscia
Level 4
Level 4

The service we sell our customers for TP is AF41 in a CBWFQ.

It works very well.

I am sure you could put it in a LLQ if you wanted to, but that would get expensive quickly.

I would have to go back and review the doc to see why that command is important in context.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App