Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Configure Cisco 1941 Router

prompt2k2
Level 1
Level 1

Help!!!

I just bought a cisco 1941 router, I understand it came with the Cisco CP, but I don't know how to get to that part where I can use it.

Also, how can I connect to the router directly without using the HyperTerminal console, all I want to be able to do is configure the ISP IP address and my IP address so I can use it for internet browsing.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots and show output! You'll need some command lines for CCP to work:

configure terminal

username USERNAME privilege 15 secret PASSWORD

ip http server

ip authentication local

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

48 Replies 48

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

hi,

connect your PC or a laptop to the 1941's G0/0 port and enter 10.10.10.1 in IE. you'll also need java installed on your PC.

default login is cisco/cisco.

you can configure the 1941 for telnet or SSH remote admin access (using third party software) later on. good luck!

Hello John,

I wish I had gotten this information earlier, but the Cisco 1941 only allows the use of the cisco/cisco login details for the very first time, the username and password is now invalid. As I logged in, I changed the username and password to rabbit/rabbit (not real).

Is there a way I can restore the router to the out-of-the-box state, i.e the factory setting?

or I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you in anticipation

Hi,

Did you save the running-config (i.e. write memory)? If you haven't yet, just reboot it and start all over.

Otherwise, you'll need to perform a password recovery procedure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_password_recovery09186a0080b3911d.shtml

Good luck and please rate helpful posts!

Hi,

Thank you very much, you have really been helpful, I was able to retreive and create a new password by using the hyperterminal console to connect to the router.

my gigabitethernet0/0 interface is showing 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0, so I make my PC static IP 10.10.10.2  and subnet mask 255.255.255.0, then I tried to connect to the router using Internet Explorer but didn't connect.

I don't know what I am doing wrong here.

hi,

what error did you get? could you post a screenshot?

kindly post show flash and show run output.

That is the IE error and the I had to put the Network Connection property in there, with this I should be able to connect to the router using the address in the IE but I cannot.

Important to note that, I am able to ping the router and also telnet to it, but I cannot open it via the ip address in the IE

This is the show flash command output

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots and show output! You'll need some command lines for CCP to work:

configure terminal

ip http server

ip authentication local

Thank you for the last information, I can see some improvement, but as you can see, the last command was reported invalid.but the others went fine.

configure terminal

ip http server

went fine, but the "ip authentication local" didn't at this point.

Hi,

My apologies I've made a typo. It should be 'ip http authentication local.'

Kindly give a try.

Hello,

Yes it worked I can now connect to the CCP express installed on the router, I have cleared the TLS option on the java setting, and I can login to the CCP, it will open a new tab for the CCP but won't display anything except the new tab, I guess it had to do with my browser or some, but I appreciate your effort so far, you have been extremely help, wish I could pay you back some how.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! Your generous rating would be enough.

Just on a personal note, the CCP express is kinda limited and can only do basic stuff.

You'll need to download the full version (if you want VPN, firewall etc. setup) from Cisco's website given you have a CCO account.

With the above shot, I guess the "gateway of Last resort" should be my router address (10.10.10.1) to the network which should be what exactly? I am absolutely lost here. please I need help.

Sounds like you are almost there, the other interface that you connected to your ISP, will need to be configured as well, and you probably need some DNS server information configured on your PC. 

If your ISP is using DHCP, from your hyperterminal window type (this also applies if you have a cable modem):

enable

configure terminal

interface gig X/X  <------Fill in this area for the interface you connected to the ISP

ip address dhcp

If they are not giving you a DHCP address, do the following:

enable

configure terminal

interface gig X/X  <------Fill in this area for the interface you connected to the ISP

ip address a.a.a.a b.b.b.b    <------------- This will be the IP address and subnet mask your ISP has given you

Also, if you are not using DHCP from your ISP, you will need to create a default route:

enable

configure terminal

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 c.c.c.c      <--------- The c.c.c.c will be the ISP

Now, so you don't have to use static IP addresses anymore for your PC:

enable

confiure terminal

service dhcp

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.1

ip dhcp pool users

network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0

default-router 10.10.10.1

dns-server 8.8.8.8      <------------------ This is a google public DNS server, if you know your ISP's DNS, use that

Sorry this is all CLI, I have never used the GUI.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: