cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Directory on EX90 displayed randomly

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer reporting to me that the directory listing on their EX90 is displayed in a random fashion. Their CTS/TX systems display the directory sorted alphabetically based upon User ID. These EX90s are TX5.1 registered to CUCM 8.6.2a.

Has anyone experieinced a similiar issue or know of a way to get the Directory to display the entries correctly?

thx,

rob

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Rob.  Thanks.  So are mine.  I just imported mine from AD.

Anyhow, I've taken EX60 on TE6 (not released yet), and added it to to my cucm 8.6.2 (System version: 8.6.2.22900-2), and the Directory is out of order there. 

When I add to CUCM 9 (System version: 9.0.1.10000-37), the directory shows up in Alphabetical order. 

I"ll double check the cop.sgn files, and make sure I've loaded everything there to both CUCM's, but first glance, one is ordered (CCM9) and one is not (CCM8.6.2), on the same EX60 SW version. 

I'll try and reload TC5.1.4 on this device tomorrow to verify on both CCM 9 and CCM 8.6.2 also to see what the behavior is there. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

Pratik Sachdeva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

We came across this issue recently and we have opened a Bug for the same - CSCtq56077. On performing some tests, we found that the phonebook is not in order when we register EX90 (TC5.1.4 or TE6 beta) to CUCM 8.6.2.

The fix seems to be available in CUCM 9.

Regards,

Pratik

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Rob.  I do believe the EX90 pulls this from CUCM directly.  If I take this link:

https://CUCM_IP/cucm-uds/users

The users I have in AD show up Randomly, but if if you run the same on CCM 9, this shows up differently or shown in alphabetical order if you will. 

When you take this link, does the touch panel show the same on what you see on this link?

VR

Patrick

Patrick,

Without question, they pull the directory entries from CUCM in this specific configuration. What they are unhappy with, is that they are not displayed in any logical or organized manner. In contrast, the CTS and TX rooms display the entries listed in alphabetical order based upon User ID. I'm trying to find out if this is a defect in TC5.1, (i'll try upgrading when I can).

Keep in mind this is not pulling the info from AD. these are entries in the CUCM directory. (End Users)

rf

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Rob.  Thanks.  So are mine.  I just imported mine from AD.

Anyhow, I've taken EX60 on TE6 (not released yet), and added it to to my cucm 8.6.2 (System version: 8.6.2.22900-2), and the Directory is out of order there. 

When I add to CUCM 9 (System version: 9.0.1.10000-37), the directory shows up in Alphabetical order. 

I"ll double check the cop.sgn files, and make sure I've loaded everything there to both CUCM's, but first glance, one is ordered (CCM9) and one is not (CCM8.6.2), on the same EX60 SW version. 

I'll try and reload TC5.1.4 on this device tomorrow to verify on both CCM 9 and CCM 8.6.2 also to see what the behavior is there. 

VR

Patrick

Pratik Sachdeva
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob,

We came across this issue recently and we have opened a Bug for the same - CSCtq56077. On performing some tests, we found that the phonebook is not in order when we register EX90 (TC5.1.4 or TE6 beta) to CUCM 8.6.2.

The fix seems to be available in CUCM 9.

Regards,

Pratik

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

thank you both

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: