Helpful
Replies

Announcing the UC320W 2.3 Release Candidate firmware

UPDATE: 

General availability release announcement can be found here: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2173943

------------

WHAT:

Today  we are announcing the release of the Cisco UC320W 2.3.1 Release Candidate firmware feature release. Release Candidate quality means that is has gone through Cisco’s internal testing, but there might be a few new issues that surface in real world deployments.  Partners are encouraged to test the firmware in their labs before deploying on their customers systems.  Installation instructions, features and bug fixes are described in the 2.3.1 release notes below.

NOTE: The open source tar file will not be available upon request because this is an RC release.  Proceed with the installation of this firmware only if you agree with these terms and conditions.

WHEN:

The 2.3.1 firmware version is available via the Cloud now by using the attached Platform Modification File (PMF).   This firmware will not be posted on CCO.  A General Availability release will be made available at a later date.

HOW:

Installation:

1. Perform a system backup of the UC320W before loading the PMF file.
  2. Download the PMF and save to your PC.
  3. Unzip the PMF file.
  4. Launch and log into the UC320W Configuration Utility.
  5. Click on the Status option at the top.
  6. Click on Devices submenu.
  7. Click on Alter PMFs button.
  8. Click Add PMF from your PC button, select the unzipped file and install.
  9. Click Done to close the dialog.

NOTE:  If  you are on a release version lower than 2.1.2, please see this  discussion for more information and a workaround for the Adobe Flash  Player version 11 compatibility issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2112911

Release Notes can be found here:  >>> LINK <<<

Any problems found on the Release Candidate firmware should be reported  immediately to the Cisco Small Business Customer Support Center.  When calling the SBCS please indicate that you  are a Release Candidate participant and specify the firmware version  found on the UC320W Configuration Utility login or About screen as well as your Region.

28 Replies 28

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

Just installed this for a client who was having issues.

The upgrade went smoothly.

Thumbs up on the UI improvements and additional diagnostic tools!

Daniel, what issues did the upgrade fix for your client?  I'm in the middle of an install myself but I'm a little wary of installing software that's not out for general release just yet...

Phil:

The customer was having issues with a phone freezing and BLF being inaccurate (showing amber for a phone that was not offline or offhook)... so far that hasn't happened on this new firmware.

We have another customer who is unable to read his CDR's in excel because of a bug that is fixed in this firmware -- I'll be upgrading that one this week as well.

mikejobson
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed a couple of things...

If I get a missed call now the number to redial is now 9 and the number with the steering digit added but it appears in the format 944... etc. This doesn't work to redial as it needs to be 90044... etc. It appears the number coming in on the header begins with +44 and so it either needs to add in the 00 or lose +44 and replace with 0. This is probably specific to the UK but it's now worse as I have to edit the number more!

Also the ringtone issue in the UK is still a problem.

Thanks,

Mike    

Mike,

Thank you for your comments, I will check with the team on the UK support of the Missed Call feature.

Also please provide any additional info on the UK ringtone issue is so I can understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Randy

I have solved the missed call feature by requesting my provider masks the +44 and places a 0 instead on the headers. Not ideal though so I'll leave that with you.

The ringtone has been a problem since the unit was released as if you go to User Prefs / Audio Prefs and play the ringtones they only play about 0.5 seconds of the clip twice in succession. This obviously is to make the Retro one sound like a UK ring but affects all but the Cisco Synth one.

Mike,

Thank you for the additional feedback on the ring tones with the UK Region pack.  I opened a defect

CSCub54516 to track the issue.

Can you also send me an email to rbordner@cisco.com.  I would like to request some feedback on UK dial plans.

Regards,

Randy

+1!

Can you also send me an email to rbordner@cisco.com.  I would like to request some feedback on UK dial plans.

I have recently sent you a very detailed file correcting dozens of errors that I have found in the GB numberplan version 18.

The details can also be found in https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2171992

Paul Williamson
Level 1
Level 1

I have to say this is a very disappointing firmware release.  As far as I see it, one of the main reasons for purchasing a VOIP PBX has to be the ability to have remote users connect as if they are sat at their desk in the office.

This is a much requested feature and one I have read is on the roadmap.  Is it ever likely to be implemented on the UC320 and if so, what kind of timescale are we looking at?

I think the majority of users who need this facility would rather know if it's worth waiting or whether it would be better to dump the UC320 and look at other equipment.

Whilst we are talking about missing features, any news on a WIFI phone becoming available?  I really don't see why it is such an issue to write some new firmware for the WIP310 or another of your wifi handsets, modify the UC320 firmware and make them play nicely together?  Am I missing something or is there another agenda with Cisco for implementing a wifi handset?

Apologies for sounding negative but it does appear that the really useful features are being held back.

Regards,

Paul.

I agree totally! Some answers on all of the above please!

I'm a mere Cisco partner like the rest of you guys, but I have to say that I consider the UC320W to be fairly full-featured for the price point at which it is offered.  I understand wanting the Wi-Fi phones and remote teleworkers but there's already an SMB product with those features called the UC500 series.  Maybe it's part of the greater positioning strategy for Cisco to leave those features for the UC300's big brother?

If your customers are really burning for Wireless phones that badly couldn't you give them some spiffy analog handsets?  Or perhaps find a low-end Plantronics headset that fits their budget?

Morning Phil,

The analogue/DECT handsets are a great idea and works really well..... unless you have a fax machine plugged into the port.  Then you're a bit stumped!!

You have hit the nail on the head though about the UC500, which was kind of my point about dumping the UC320 if it's not something that Cisco are going to implement.  I'm sure there's a number of people that have installed UC320's on the basis that these features will be implemented in a future firmware release but surely if Cisco have changed their mind it would be better for them to say, "sorry it's no longer on the roadmap, start installing the UC500 if you need those features".  Although I still maintain that the main point of a VOIP pbx is the ability to have remote workers.

What does everyone else think?

All the best,

Paul.

Paul,

The teleworker feature is not available in the coming release (2.3) of UC320 and it remains under evaluation. If teleworker feature is a priority, please start installing UC500.

Regards,

Nitin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: