Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W Do not allow VLANs to communicate

triphentech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

I just recently switched from the WRVS4400N to the RV180W. I have 4 VLANs, and I want VLANs 1, 2, 3 to communciate freely, but I DONT want VLAN 4 to communicate with anybody, just Internet access. On the WRVS4400N, I was able to do this using the Firewall > IP Based ACL. I notcied that the RV180W, does not have such an option. I am sure there is something I am missing, I just cant find out how to isolate VLAN 4. Any ideas would be greatly appreicated.

Thank you!

5 Replies 5

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do this on the RV180 as well.  Checkout the screenshot below:

Cheers,

Dave.

David,

Thank you for your prompt reponse. I tried that alrady but the computers on the 2 differnet VLANs are still able to ping each other....

Any other ideas?

Can you send me a copy of your router config by PM or email at dharper@cisco.com.  Change the passwords and any other sensitive details first of course.  That config should work though so I'd like to have a look at your config and see if we are missing something.  Also, are you running the 1.0.1.9 firmware?

Cheers,

Dave.

By the way, if this is urgent, you should log a case with the SBSC (www.cisco.com/go/sbsc).  I have to head out in about an hour so it might take me a little time to look at this further.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave,

Yes I am running 1.0.1.9.

I don't have access to the router right now, but I will email first thing tomorrow.

Thanks again!