after software upgrade it reboot the router about every 45 sec
I've tried this tool from the Cisco website RV0xxV3_FirmwareRescueUtility_v126.96.36.199 without success, the problem is there, is a way you can get the router up and running again ?
Can i run a TFTP server and upload a new software, or i ther a FirmwareRescueUtility for rv042g ??
Mogens from Demmark
The first firmware shipped with RV042G is 4.2.0.03, so the firmware rescue utility v188.8.131.52 would not work.
Since your RV042G will power cycle automatically every 45 sec and the problem did not go away after you have performed a reset to factory default, the unit needs a new firmware uploaded. Please try the following steps.
1. Disconnect the power cable to the unit.
2. Hold the reset button (using a paper clip), while plugging in the power cable.
3. Watch the DIAG LED.
4. Release the reset button when you see the DIAG LED start to blink.
5. A blinking DIAG indicates that the unit is running in the boot mode, and a tftp server running on the unit is waiting for a fresh firmware image at address 192.168.1.1.
6. Configure your PC with a static IP address in the 192.168.1.x subnet, e.g. 192.168.1.100, and specify 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway.
7. Try to ping the unit with 192.168.1.1, and you should see a reponse from the unit.
8. Run a tftp client program (with a command line) and push a good firmware image, e.g.
tftp -i 192.168.1.1
If the above procedure does not solve the issue, please contact the support center for RMA.