cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 8.5 and CUCM 9

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

Since upgrading to CUCM 9 I'm getting I/O Error in AXL.Please try again.   I also rebooted both the CCM and UCCX servers, twice. Has anyone run into this.  Also,  If I use the show uccx appadmin administrator it doesn't show any users,  even if I set one.

Any help would be appreciated.

10 Replies 10

benbollinger
Level 2
Level 2

I also did show uccx axl/rmcm/jtapi and all show the correct callmanager ip address.

Hi Benbollinge,

You may want to open a case with Cisco TAC for further troubleshooting in case if this requires to use the CET tool.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080ba6926.shtml

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

I saw that document as well, but I'm surprised it is for version 5/7 and 8 since in version 8 it switched to the linux platform.   Thanks for the info and help.

Scott Brien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

did you get this issue resolved?

Regards,
Scott

Sounds like Ben may have upgraded to CUCM 9.0 before SU3/SU4 was applied?

SU3 seems to have CUCM9.0 support according to the compatibility docs, and SU4 has reference to 9.0 AXL compatibility - see CSCtz59379 in the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/280840578/97461/RN_UCCX_851_SU4.pdf

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

kevinmpotts
Level 1
Level 1

The AXL is looking for authentication into CUCM. I read a Cisco PDF awhile back that most Admins authenticate it with the Admin ID of the CUCM Presence server. I did that and no problems at all.

Hope this helps ....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I0m making an upgrade tonight to the latest UCCX 9 version starting from the latest 8.0 version and I0m having the same issue.

The issues started after I've upgraded the CUCMs to 9.0

Have you figured it out?

Thanks in advance,

Rui

I tried several times, and eventually copied all the scripts and prompts off,  and loaded fresh.   After the 3rd or 4th try the server was mostly unresponsive.

Well, It turned out easier for me. After I've upgraded the UCCX cluster to v9, the AXL login started working and everything was flowing easily.

The issue came, because the CUCMv9 is not compatible with the UCCXv8 which I was upgrading from.

P.S: Never do an upgrade that includes non-compatible versions in between.

michaele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i have the same problem and i upgrade my UCCX Server from  8.5.1.11001-35 to 8.5.1.11004-25.

i make switch ver and it's working fine...

my CUCM Version: 9.1.2.11900-12

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: