Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset the voicemail password for 7960 IP Phone

renerioux
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I had three people leave the company and now I am trying to use their IP Phones for some new employees, but the voicemail password is unknown.

I tried performing a factory reset with these instructions but the voicemail password is not going back to the default of "123654".

Performing a Factory Reset

When you perform a factory reset of the Cisco Unified IP Phone, the following information is erased or reset to its default value:

CTL file—Erased

User configuration settings—Reset to default values

Network configuration settings—Reset to default values (optional)

Locale information—Reset to default value

Call histories—Erased

To perform a factory reset of a phone, perform the following steps.

Note The phone must be on a DHCP-enabled network before you can perform these steps.

Procedure

Step 1 Unplug the power cable from the phone and then plug it back in.

The phone begins its power up cycle.

Step 2 Immediately press and hold # while the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons turn on and off in sequence.

Release # after the Speaker button turns off.

The Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons flash in sequence to indicate that the phone is waiting for you to enter the key sequence for the reset.

Step 3 Press 123456789*0# within 60 seconds after the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons begin to flash.

If you repeat a key within the sequence (for example, if you press 1223456789*0#), the sequence will still be accepted and the phone will reset.

If you do not complete this key sequence or do not press any keys, the Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons will stop flashing after 60 seconds and the phone will continue with its normal startup process. The phone will not reset.

If you enter an invalid key sequence, the buttons will stop flashing immediately and the phone will continue with its normal startup process. The phone will not reset.

If you enter this key sequence correctly, the phone displays this prompt:

Keep network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no

Step 4 To maintain existing network configuration settings for the phone when the phone resets, press 1. To reset network configuration settings when the phone resets, press 2.

If you press another key or do not respond to this prompt within 60 seconds, the will continue with its normal startup process and will not reset.

Otherwise, the phone goes through the factory reset process.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Rene

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

On the UC500, the VM is done by CUE.

VM PIN cannot be changed from CCA, it be only be changed from CUE GUI or CLI

For more UC500/CCA questions, please post in "small business voice - UC500". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rene,

My friend Paolo is most correct +5

Check out this info from Steve @ CDW ;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2020110

and

http://www.acumen-corp.com/Blog/tabid/298/EntryId/18/Resetting-a-users-Cisco-Voicemail-PIN-password.aspx

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The phone has nothing to do with voicemail password, that is kept on the voicemail system.

Recommend you engage a reputable consultant, or certfied cisco partner, to regain control of your syste,.

When you say voicemail system, are you referring to the field in the CCA of the UC560 like in this picture?

On the UC500, the VM is done by CUE.

VM PIN cannot be changed from CCA, it be only be changed from CUE GUI or CLI

For more UC500/CCA questions, please post in "small business voice - UC500". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rene,

My friend Paolo is most correct +5

Check out this info from Steve @ CDW ;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2020110

and

http://www.acumen-corp.com/Blog/tabid/298/EntryId/18/Resetting-a-users-Cisco-Voicemail-PIN-password.aspx

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung" - Bob Dylan

Thank You Paolo and Rob.

I was able to get it fixed using the CUE. Now, I know how to do it going forward.

Thanks again guys!!!!

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: