cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 122 - I can't get to Web based config Utility

Lukasz_aymoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to configure SPA 122. I already get IP address using IVR and trying to run Web base config utility. But it doesn't work. Nothing happens if I type IP in web browser window and press enter. What you suggest to do? How to check if this phone adapter worksl?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you trying to web into it from a computer connected to the LAN (Labeled Ethernet) or WAN (Labeled Internet)?  You can only web into it from a computer connected to the LAN port.

Connectivity via the WAN has to be enabled first before it will work.

If you connect your computer to the 'Ethernet' port on the ATA and set it to obtain an IP address automatically, it should get an IP from the ATA in the 192.168.15.x subnet and you should be able to web into the device at 192.168.15.1 (NOTE - not 191.168.15.1 as you listed above).

-Adam

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Lukasz_aymoo
Level 1
Level 1

I forgot to add that default IP 191.168.15.1 doesn't works too.

Are you trying to web into it from a computer connected to the LAN (Labeled Ethernet) or WAN (Labeled Internet)?  You can only web into it from a computer connected to the LAN port.

Connectivity via the WAN has to be enabled first before it will work.

If you connect your computer to the 'Ethernet' port on the ATA and set it to obtain an IP address automatically, it should get an IP from the ATA in the 192.168.15.x subnet and you should be able to web into the device at 192.168.15.1 (NOTE - not 191.168.15.1 as you listed above).

-Adam

You right Adam. My computer was connected to the router not to the VoIP gate. I changed that and finally get the config utility. Thank you for your advice, it helped a lot. And of course default IP for this gate is 192.168.15.1 as you pointed out. Thanks again.

Correct connections scheme below.

this works, then change the admin password and enable WAN Web Access and everything is of great

Thanks!

P-Y Bouvy
Level 1
Level 1

Some complementary information from the practice:
When you switch from NAT to Bridge, the SPA 122 gets another IP from another router of your network. To find it, call ****110#. You know now which IP you have to connect to get access to the web page of the SPA 122 again.
If you want to have a fixed IP, you have to follow the procedure above and then go to Network setup, internet settings. Give a fixed IP address on this WAN section but an address from your own LAN-network. In bridge configuration, all becomes LAN and what WAN was, is now to be considered as LAN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: