Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we use IP communicator and hard IP phone same time for a single agent

ali.raza0407
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Is it possible that we can create a agent and use the cisco IP communicatore and hard IP phone at same time for that agent. These two phones will work as a backup. If hard phone goes down it will automatically switch to soft phone and vice versa. Can you please share the configuration details with me for that?

Best Regards,

AR

9 Replies 9

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

You don't mention the ACD solution you're using, so I will answer for a UCCX configuration:

No, shared lines are not supported on the UCCX platform.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

Thanks for you reply tanner.

I am talking about UCCE solution. Can we support this feature in UCCE. Do we support this backup mechanism in UCCE. This is a requirement from customer. They want to use these two phones (hard and soft phone) as a backup.

BR,

AR

You can't run them both at the same time.  If one of them goes down and you launch the other one then yes you can use it as a backup.  You will have to log back in.

david

Hi David,

It mens, we will add mulitple phones undera a single account. Than we will login with that acount by using only a single phone. If that phone goes down than we need to login in another phone manually. right?

BR,

Ali

Yes, that will work.

david

UCCE does not support share line. To get around this, use extension mobility. Users will have to login with their extension mobility profile on which ever device that they are using to accept call.

Dat

Hi Dat,

But we want to these two phones work in redundancy at same time. If one goes down than it will forward it to second one. Means one main and other backup. Does extension mobility work like this. I don't think so extension mobility is work around for this.

BR,

Ali

Ali,

I'm confused on what you want to do now.  Are you talking about a hard phone and soft phone having the same configuration?  If so, yes that will works, but only one phone can be working and connected at a time.  You can not have both phones up and running with the same configuration.  As mentioned above, you can not use shared lines, UCCE will not allow you to log in.

david

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Okay I got your point that we cannot able to use two phones with same agent account simultaneously.

Best Regards,

Ali Raza