cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to retrieve the chat history from Cisco Jabber for Windows?

atulkaul1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have already enabled the '

As per my knowledge, the history should get saved in C:\Documents and Settings\home\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History\<username>.db

But I am unable to find the folder 'History' inside CSF folder, so unable to find db file as well.

Please help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Path is as below:

• XP - C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History
  • Vista - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History
  • Win7 - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Path is as below:

• XP - C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History
  • Vista - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History
  • Win7 - C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History

Thanks,

Maqsood

Are you certain about that path for a WIN7 Machine?

Steve,

Are you seeing a different path?

Thanks,

Maqsood

Ahhhh,  my bad.   FOLDER OPTIONS:  SHOW HIDDEN FILES

:-)

I have enough eggs om my face for a Sunday Brunch.

Thanks!

Is this the only place the history lives?

Yes. Make sure you go to the right history folder:

C:\Users\(userxxx)\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History

You might see a History Folder at the ....\Jabber\History that is empty.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Is it possible to export this to read it without the jabber client?

Thanks Maqsood, I could find the history in the path specified by you, it is stored as a database file.

Can u pls specify th exact version details of SQLlite for retriving the history and also, the procedure that is to be follwed for the same.

Hi Atul,

Please visit "http://www.sqlite.org/" for related information.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

These file paths you are talking about, where are they stipulated or configured (i.e. registries or hard coded in the MSI and cannot be changed?

I would love the ability to alter these destinations along with file location for screen captures.

have the file, but how do I open it?

Did you ever get an answer to your question? 

My organization has a need to audit a particular user's chat history.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have located the file, but how do I open it?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: