Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't call out with UC320W

Hello,

I am fairly new to PBX system. I have recently set up a UC320W with an external SIP trunk. It seems to be registring with the SIP provider correctly and I am able to call in with my cell phone and it gets routed correctly to one of 3 SPA504G phones I have on the system. However muy problem is that I can't seem to be able to call out. The phones should be configured so that I press 9 to get a line out but I get a busy signal immediately as soon as I press any key. Any ideas how to fix this? TIA.

7 Replies 7

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jules,

Did you set steering digit 9 as Outside Line at Internal Dialing page of Configure Utility? You also need to make sure steering digit 9 is set for SIP trunk at Outbound Trunks page of Configure Utility.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wenjin,

I'm fairly sure I do have these setup correctly, see attached. Is this correct? Any other ideas?

Hi Jules,

In Outbound Trunks page, your 1st choice for outbound call is FXO, 2nd choice is SIP trunk. It means that SIP trunk will be used after all FXO trunks are busy. Please reverse the order.

Best regards,

Wendy

Thanks Wendy,

I actually don't have access to the unit right now but silly question, how do I reverse the order? Do I simply drag and drop? I know I am not able to deselect any of the checkboxes for Outbound Trunks.

Hi Wendy,

I am unable to reverse the order or change any of the Outbound Trunk Assiignments. Further to that, I don't actually have any FXO ports enabled so I don't understand why it's shpwing up. Any other ideas?

Hi Jules,

You can click on the trunk to select or deselect it in Outbound Trunks page. In your case, you can deselect FXO trunk so that SIP trunk will move up automatically.

Best regards,

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

All the FXO ports were disabled which for some reason was preventing me from changing the Outbound Trunk config. I went back and enabled one of the FXO ports then disabled the FXO lines in the Outbound Trunk config and then back to disable the FXO port again. This worked so I guess there must be a bug in the config utility since I doubt this was the intended proceedure. Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: