cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS to NCS upgrade not accepting License

Nicholas Hood
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently preforming the upgrade from WCS v.7.0.230.0 no NCS 1.1. When we select the Lic file we get an error message "Unable to add any license without an NCS (L-NCS-1.0-K9) license." The file name is WCSUPG20121115142018448.lic. Please Advise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stefan.angerer
Level 1
Level 1

Have you purchased article L-WCS-NCS1-M-K9? You will not be able to upgrade to NCS without that, it's a kind of a "node license" that includes 25 bonus license points as well, while the migrated WCS license will add your former WCS license count.

regards

Stefan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

stefan.angerer
Level 1
Level 1

Have you purchased article L-WCS-NCS1-M-K9? You will not be able to upgrade to NCS without that, it's a kind of a "node license" that includes 25 bonus license points as well, while the migrated WCS license will add your former WCS license count.

regards

Stefan

Stefan,

You were correct. I contacted Cisco Global Licensing Operations and gave them the info to obtain my

L-WCS-NCS1-M-K9. Once I recieved it I was able to import it, then import the 1.0-k9 without any trouble.

Thank you so much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card