cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 7.4 release date?

codflanglers
Level 1
Level 1

Do we know when the 7.4x software will be released? It was rumoured it was going to contain the bonjour gateway implementation and I am keen to try.

16 Replies 16

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a TAC case to know the release date and other info.

That would be a frivolous case.  Anything you can say on a TAC case, you can mention here Van.

@Codflanglers no matter what they say as to the release date, don't believe it until you see it on cisco.com in the available downloads section.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

steve, are you trying to buy me some trouble

tac gives tenataive release info only if there is case opened for it, also can get beta/engg code for testing if case opened.

hahah, Beta code comes from the BU not TAC.  an ES would be if there were a specific issue.

As he's only asking for a release date, saying 'Tentatively Q1CY 13' is acceptable.  Not that that is the date mind you just an example.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

7.4 is by far the most interesting code Cisco will have released for wifi to date IMHO.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MSE version 7.4 is slated for release between December 2012 and January 2013.

Before the MSE 7.4 will be released, the CUWN (aka WiSM-2 firmware code) will also be released.

If you really want, create a MyCisco Software Alert profile and setup an email notification. 

One more thing ...

If you go and ask your SE and he/she/they don't want to give you the info, ask them the First Customer Shipment (FCS) of the new WAP, the 1600.

CUWN version 7.4.X will be released a few days before the 1600 will be first shipped out.

And, as far as I was told, FCS of the 1600 will be on January 2013.

7.3.102.0 just came out with support for 1600 series ap's.  ...... with the following in the release notes:

"Release 7.3.102.0 for 1600 series access points is  a restricted lifetime release, with no planned maintenance images. For  future fix and feature development, customers are encouraged to migrate  to the next major release, 7.4."

Still waiting !  //art

They will never say when it will be released... Just check everyday or setup your CCO to send you notification when a new release is out. This was how it was like when 7.2 & 7.3 came out and it will be the same for the future code release:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

It's not just the support for the 1600 ...

I've noticed something else.  I can't put my finger into it.  It's like they've had some internal bug fixes regarding Apple iOS 6.0.

bjguevara
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, any word when 7.4 will be released? I thought the original planned released was Oct/Nov 2012, but it is now Dec?

WLC 7.4.100.0 was released today.  It's up on CCO already

Release notes at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn74.html

Good to know... Hopefully it works way better than the beta version:)

Leo is going to be happy!

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo is going to be happy!

Ecstatic.  Over-the-moon!  Walkin'-on-sunshine!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card