cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the 1262 AP in Workgroup Bridge Mode

rodoneal09
Level 1
Level 1

Client has a building that is located 300Ft apart and would like to provide IP communications for 3-4 IP hadsets back to an IP PBX.   They do not want to dig up the parking lot so we proposed using a wireless bridge.   I noticed that Cisco discontinue the 1300 and 1400 Wireless Bridge.   Can I use a 1262 with external antenna in Workgroup Bridge mode to perfom this functions?   I will put a Layer 3 switch on both ends to route traffice (3560C-8).   Should I use the Yagi antenna's for outdoor use?   Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could go WGB, but root/non-root might work better. This will allows you to pass multiple VLAN across the link.

This is a bit old, but it' the Bridge Range utility

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps458/prod_technical_reference09186a00800a912a.xls

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card