Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCM 9900 SNMP monitoring

Hello guys.

I have an issues with SNMP monitoring of Memory Size and Processor(s) Load on DCM 9900.

Here are some of the OIDs that I've tried:

.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.2.0 (hrMemorySize)

.1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2 (hrProcessorLoad)

Unfortunately, output from snmpwalk was:

# snmpwalk -v 2c -c private x.x.x.x .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.2.2.0

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrMemorySize.0 = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

# snmpwalk -v 2c -c private x.x.x.x .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.3.3.1.2

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrProcessorLoad = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Upd.:

Looks like it's impossible.

How about using IIOP for monitoring parameters listed above? As far as I know there is solution for remote control and monitoring called ROSA, which uses IIOP (CORBA) protocol. Also, there is Python framework that can be used to interact with DCM via IIOP. Can someone explain how to use it for my task?

Thanks!

Сообщение отредактировал: Sergey Kalistratov

3 Replies 3

Emily Smyder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Sergey,
Support of the DCM product will be either the Video Transport Team or the Digital Media Networks DMN Team. This forum is for DMP set tops, however I just happened to see your post.
Since your question is non video related, either team will be able to help.
I am in the DMN technical support. Your scenario needs more than what we can support through these postings.
Would you be able to call
1-888-949-4786 #1 or send an E-mail to DMN_Support@Cisco.com.
Phone and E-mails are routed to our small group directly.
Please have the SW version of the DCM. There have been security changes, to comply with ISO standards, which may be inhibiting the walk. Specific user permissions are needed for IIOP polling, and the SNMB is proprietary but I will see about access to MIBs. Are you using any 3rd party, such as Crystal, to receive/send traps to trigger an alarm?
We will be able to assist you, please contact us!

Best regards
Emily A. Smyder
Service Engineer III
Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Emily,

I've sent an email to address above.

Thanks for your help

Hi Smydere,

Do you know if it's possible to read each bitrare of each Output TS through SNMP?

Because, I'm using the DCM 9902 for multiplexing of 130 SD H.264 services into 16 Transport stream. I can see in a pop-up window these bitrate for each PMT's components but the idea is to take this info with SNMP.

I'll apreciate any kind of help.

Thank you in advance,

Javier Lombardi (Telecentro)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: