cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover problem

wajid dabir
Level 1
Level 1

Currently My company have 3 offices, A(head office), B(branch) & C(new branch).

office A has the core switch,all SVI is configured in this switch only,office B is connected via fiber link as a trunk. all r working fine.

office A has 2 MPLS(primary & Secondary) link and 2 internet link.static routing is configured on the core.

Now our new office C is getting ready,for the connectivity with A office we have use a fiber link via the office B.

this new office have its own core switch and different ip segments.it has one MPLS link and one internet link.

for internal LAN connectivity we are using eigrp in new oofice..

and for connectivity between offices A,B & C  i have configure eigrp of different AS.my local users communicating properly.

now the issue is when the MPLS link of new office C goes down,the MPLS traffic should go the the office A MPLS link and when the internet link of office C goes down, it should failover with the office A internet link.How could i do this. i have attached the topology setup with my config.kindly suggest me what should addition i do to achieve this failover.

1 Reply 1

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On C you can either use staic routes to backup links with lower Administrative distance, so when original links (MPLS or Internet) goes down this static is installed into the route table. So you a dn A via that fiber link - so SVI on side C should be fine. Also via this SVIs you can bring up some routing protocol to get routes from A to C and keep those routes with lower AD (manipulate it manually or use RP with lower AD - OSPF or RIP).

Nik

HTH,
Niko
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card