Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 - QuickVPN Client causes Windows 7 Bluescreen

Hi,

I have a Cisco RV082 and can successfully connect with the Cisco QuickVPN Client, 1.4.2.1. However, after 1 to 5 minutes I see the Windows 7 bluescreen indicating that the system has halted due to a problem with a driver. I have installed the latest Windows updates and reinstalled the client.

The bluescreen only occurs if I use the Cisco QuickVPN Client.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Michael

5 Replies 5

jurodri3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Domingue,

On this case I would recommend you to consult the Windows support center in order to get more information about this error and proper troubleshooting.

The Blue Screen error are related to the Operative System Windows instead a Cisco product.

Diego Rodriguez

Cisco network engineer

Thank you

The problem is with the VPN client.

I can use my Win 7 computer for many weeks with no problem

Without the error.

The problem reoccurs only if I use the Quickvpn client and then copy a file from a network share on one of our servers to a local drive. If I go into Dos and use long winded commands it works with no problem. Basically I can recreate the problem at will.

When Windows crashes it states that this has occurred due to a driver behaving abnormally and performing an illegal operation.

The problem is to do the Quickvpn client and driver.

Is there another Cisco client I can use or a fix available for this?

Regards

Michael Domingue

Hi Michael, Cisco does not have another supported VPN client for this model. You may use a 3rd party IPsec client such as shrewsoft or ipsecuritas or you may use the built-in PPTP feature.

It would be rather peculiar if the Windows error is generated because of the use of QVPN. Can you provide any additional troubleshooting information you have done?

-What is the firmware of the router?

-Have you uninstalled the QVPN software and reinstalled?

-Is it a particular file type or any file?

-Can you recreate this on multiple different computers and or operating systems?

-Can you provide an exact recreation scenario such as what file (or type), what server, any kind of particular transfer protocol, does this happen on different server platforms such as 2003, 2003R2, 2008, etc?

-When moving the same file from a non-server machine, such as a workstation with a map drive, does this persist?

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Tom,

I havene't reconnect using the QuickVPN client since your post. I tried it tonight and this time it occured when I used Windows explorer and attempted to view a directory on a mapped drive to a remote server.

Here are the answers

Firmware of router  = 2.0.2.01-tm  (Mar  1 2011 18:44:07)

QuickVPN Client version = Ver 1.4.2.1

Here is the "blue screen of death" error message I see

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

A device driver attempting to corrupt the ssytem has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version"

Technical information:

*** STOP : 0x000000C4 ..... "

Regards

Michael Domingue

bbortz
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? We are having the exact same issue and I cannot figure out what I need to do to resolve it.