cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

recommendations for wireless bridge

neilrmessick
Level 1
Level 1

I have several 1262 LAP's connected to a virtual WLC controller. I need to build a wireless bridge to a warehouse for a few computers and voip phones. Any recomendations on the hardware and configeration? I've done this before with Proxim AP's, but am new to Cisco's wireless hardware. Duel radio's would help, so I can put one inside and one outside for the bridge.

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you could use two 1262 in IOS mode.  How far of a shot is the bridge going to be?

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its 100 yards, I'd rather not use iOS mode because I can't roam.

what do you mean 'you can't roam'?  if you mean between the IOS SSID and the WLC SSID, that is true, but if you bridge the link, you can put an LAP on that side adn then you could roam.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

kinda sucky... I was hoping the WLC could manage all the AP's so I would not have to do that.

The current setup with Proxim hardware allows clients to also use the bridge radio's, it does not have to be dedicated to the bridge.

The WLC won't be able to control a 'bridge', unless you were using 1552. 

But you could use the radios on the bridge as well, so long as you use 'infrastrucure-ssid optional' under the SSID.  that will allow you to 'bridge' on teh 5GHz and still use the 2.4GHz

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: