ICM/UCCE Purge Jobs (v9)

Unanswered Question
Nov 28th, 2012

While testing an upgrade path from 8.5 to 9 using the EDMT tool, I noticed that the Purge Jobs were not being built on the SQL instance as I would expect them to. They are missing completely. Just to be sure these Jobs weren't created with a script with the installer I went ahead and installed the Sprawler and brought everything online... still nothing in the way of jobs. I suspected these jobs were typically created by the ICMDBA application when building a NEW instance but just to be certain I build a NEW 9.0 system on a  new server and used ICMDBA to create the DB's. Voila, the purge jobs are there. I don't ever recall seeing this issue on previous versions but not to say it didn't exist. I suspect it would have caused signficant issues. I plan to go run through the same process on a 7.5 and/or 8.0 system to see the results.

Bottom line, what should be creating the purge jobs in the case of an Upgrade where EDMT is used. Is there another step that needs to occur? I'll continue to dig but any insight to the purge jobs is appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 3.5 (2 ratings)
Gergely Szabo Thu, 11/29/2012 - 01:43

Hi,

this looks like a bug to me.

You checked both the _awdb and the _hds on AW/HDS and both Logger databases, right?

G.

jpsweeney77 Thu, 11/29/2012 - 06:08

The Jobs don't exist in the DB itself. They exist in the DB Instance. But yes, with this being a Sprawler I can confirm that it created no jobs for both the Logger and HDS. I don't believe there are supposed to be any for _awdb if I recall correctly.

Gergely Szabo Thu, 11/29/2012 - 06:12

Oh yes, you're right, they don't belong in a database.

Did you talk to Cisco TAC yet? I wonder what they are going to tell you. I am really interested, in a couple of months I am going to perform a similar upgrade.

G.

jpsweeney77 Thu, 11/29/2012 - 06:18

Customer has opened a case with TAC. Since it's in Dev it's not high priority at the moment but I suspect they'll push for an answer this week so I'll update this thread. Like I mentioned, I also plan to go through a 7.5 to 8.x upgrade in my lab to see if it yields the same results.

jpsweeney77 Fri, 11/30/2012 - 11:52

This definitely appears to be a bug . I EDMT’d a 7.5 DB to 8.0 and before even running the actual ICM setup confirmed that the Jobs were in fact there. It appears to be a bug with the 9.x EDMT if I had to guess. Or I suppose it’s possible they are handling Purges through some other process but I highly doubt that since the creation of a new 9.0 database produces the Purge jobs when using ICMDBA.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted November 28, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:3.5
Views:858 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: sql, purge, icm, job
+
Categories: Enterprise
+