cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to deploy VMware View

Chris Scull
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 6215 thin clients working in a demo center for testing. I have VXC Manager installed on a 2008R2 server. I have discover the devices and the are available within VXC manager.

I can complete the standard operations from the VXC manager for example wake from Lan, reboot, and shutdown.

I am not sure what the next step is. I have 2 VMware Views setup and ready, I know it has something to do with the ini files. I have been going through the VXCADMIN_485 but I am not sure I have the skills yet to understand the process clearly.

I have also been reviewing:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/vxc/8_5/english/vxcm_admin/VXCM_VXC.html

But I need to know what the next step is after successful discovery and basic managment.

What ini files do I create and how and where do I store them exactly?

How should the scripts be written?

If I do not and should not make changes to the default package do I create other packages and do these packages work together?

I am missing a basic understanding here and I understand that. I am not even sure I am asking the correct questions. What I am looking for is guidance on what I am supposed to do next.

The 6215 only have the most basic settings and internet access. I have watched youtube videos but I do not even have a login option. It would appear the auto login does not even pause for the set 10-15 seconds.

I am not really sure where to turn?

1 Reply 1

tibouwer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris

VNMC (Virtual Network Management Center) provides a centralized multi-device and policy management for virtual network services like Cisco vASA and VSG.

VXC Manager is an unrelated product.

Please use your support search tools to retrieve support information for VXC Manager,

Thanks

Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: