cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA or whatever... big brother or simple lightness!?

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

on the PC there is an active process that insistently queries the UC540 with a telnet session (not secure)... What is it? An accessory of CCA that controls the type of installation also without opening the program?

Meanwhile, the little thing nice is that all data in plain-text including the password :-( , the other inconvenience, it is likely that the password is stored somewhere on my PC (I refer to the level 15 password) !!!  Ok, I can imagine that it is linked to the matter of the beta version; but why not highlight these risks well...

These the commands sent:

enable

terminal width 0

terminal length 0

show version

show diag

show interfaces integrated-Service-Engine 0/0

show cdp neighbors detail

exit

Or what else is? How do I stop it?

Arturo.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Admittedly I'm not CCA expert at all, but I can tell you for sure, if it couldn't do these things,  it would have no way to work.

Hi Paolo,

I'm not sure I understand your answer, I write, using the translator, and not understand all the nuances of the language . However, what I find very strange, you turn up a PC and see network traffic continuously to the UC540 with use of the your enable password and without opening CCA! I can assume two things: this system has been activated with the beta (I guess that is not present on the normal version) and remains active until I uninstall CCA or other (you can imagine what)...

I must have missed some of the communication team and in any case it seems to me something not quite right.

Update:

I find my enable secret on windows registry...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{C4EE31F3-4768-11D8-BE5C-00A0C1A47DA9}\ContainingTextMRU

...mmmmm, maybe something related to 'call connector tool bar' with that process (does not stop even closing call connector).

Arturo.

Messaggio modificato da Arturo Bianchi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: