Views
Helpful
Replies

Layout control with DualDisplay & Touch UI

Michel Tosu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Since some software update it seems top me that users cannot control the layout on C-series endpoints with the touch panel anymore. At least when you have a dual display setup. Its very strange because this is a feature that i think you would like.

The problem is when customers want to have their selfview on the second screen when not having a presentation. Before they could choose the setting "equal participants" ant the far end were displayed on screen 1 and the selfview on screen 2. Is there anyone who knows who this option has been removed? I haven't found any way for the end user to set this themself.

2 Replies 2

Balazs Balogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michel,

Yes it's very strange (I don't know why not accessed the layout control from touch ) but there is a solution for this problem.

On C series web interface "Configuration\Advanced configuration\Video Layout\ local loyaoutfamily" set Equal.

(Default setting is AUTO).

If you set it then you are in call the second display show selfview ( if selfview is enable,show)

I hope Cisco will solve this "problem" next release or... :-)

Hope this helps,

Balazs

Yeah i know it's possible to set through the web interface.

However it's such a hassle to fix that for all customers. I would like a way for the to do it themselves again. Very annoying.