cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C20 Camera Software Update failed - Camera doesn't work

joe
Level 1
Level 1

Earlier this week, our Tandberg C20 asked whether to update the camera software.  We keyed in yes, but the update hung.  We power-cycled, and ever since, the camera image is not displayed locally or transmited.  We can place calls to or from the C20, but they are audio-only. How can we address this issue?

THanks,

joe

6 Replies 6

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

could you please attach the current and historical logfiles of your codec so we can check what went wrong with the camera upgrade? Which release are you currently running? In TC5.1.5 we have a recovery procedure for the camera, so I would recommend that release.

The logfiles you can retrieve as follows :

http://10.48.55.249/wsgi/logs/bundle/current
http://10.48.55.249/wsgi/logs/bundle/old

Just replace the IP address with your IP address and attach the files so we can look what went wrong.

Danny,

Sorry, I had meetings all morning.

The paths to the logs were similar but not exactly the same as you suggested.  Perhaps because I'm running an older software version:

Software version: TC4.1.0.247017

Should I be updating?

I included the current and the two most recent tar'ed logs.

Thanks,

Joe

Could not see anything in the logs showing me a camera upgrade took place. Perhaps in this older release the camera upgrade details are not present in the console logs.

Upgrading to TC5.1.5 would not be a bad idea at all. Should the camera fail still we can have an interactive session to the camera to check it out using a special script. Please try to obtain a release key for TC5.1.5 and we can take it from there, should the camera still fail.

"Should I be updating?"

You should definitely be updating - current version is TC5.1.5 - been some big improvements since TC4.1.0 which you are running.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Jens,

I think I did something bad.  I downloaded and installed TC5.1.5, but I am being asked for a release key that I don't have. Where do I get a release key?

Thanks,

Joe

It's not so bad, it just won't install without the release key.

You need to have a valid service contract to obtain release keys for major version upgrades, i.e. from 4.x to 5.x.

New release key is not rquired for dot releases, i.e. going from 4,1 to 4.2.

Contact you Cisco rep if you don't have a valid service contract, if you do have a valid service contract then you can obtain release key through the Cisco Licensing Portal, or by contacting TAC.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: